48 of the shortest hours of my life have just elapsed. Within those 48 hours I have watched my beloved Cincinnati Cyclones hockey team do what I have been waiting for for 16 long years... win a championship. Thursday, June 5, they won the ECHL Kelly Cup with a sixth game win over the Las Vegas Wranglers. I have no idea how much of a puddle I left in the floor of US Bank Arena, but I was bawling like a baby after the game.
Today at the rally we got the opportunity to say farewell to the Cyclones who finally got it done. I am only hoping that a lot of them come back. If no one else, I want Chuck Weber to come back and be the coach. I know that he is a hot commodity now, but Coach: PLEASE COME BACK!
In the meantime, I have to start getting ready for the 2008-09 season in only ONE fashion: putting together a new troupe to compliment my current membership in Section 60. I plan on working with them to make it difficult for anyone who wants to come and try to take the cup away from us!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment